People of the drum is a chant that Christine Stevens, MSW, MT-BC, wrote several years ago. It is incredibly versatile. And you can use it with virtually any population! Whether you’re working with kids, seniors, and anything in between, this chant is sure to be a powerful addition to your repertoire. Watch the video to learn the chant –
Ready for more? Take Christine’s course!
If you’d like to REALLY dig in to drum circle facilitation, then take Christine Stevens’ Drum Circle Facilitation CMTE course. By taking the course, you will:
- Watch 10 segments to power up your skills and help you feel confident in a group.
- Learn how to start a drum circle from scratch, with strangers, so that by the end of your group, everyone will feel like family.
- Understand the best setup and preparation system for the circle so that you can communicate to your host and helpers in a clear and empowering way.
- Look like a PRO with the way you use cues and create a natural flow with your groups.
- Last but not least, you will view video coverage of drum circle facilitation all over the world, working with people with special needs, corporation, and the general public.
See you in the course!
Ahoy fellow music therapist,
The instructors and I went into the launch of MT-Ed.com with this idea: A thriving music therapy profession depends upon the health and wellness of its individual practitioners.
That’s why, in honor of the New Year, we gave away 2+0+1+3 = SIX free Music Medicine books last week. Congratulations to Angie, Elizabeth, Keeley, Beverlee, John, and… Kali, VIP Subscriber since October. Give high fives where appropriate =) Happy New Year!
This week, we bring you more bang for your buck with 4 Keys To Music & Wellness.
This Week’s Shout-Out About Our NEW ONLINE CMTE COURSE
I’m so honored to publish this new CMTE course by Christine Stevens at MusicTherapyEd.com. This is Christine’s ONLY online course out there. Period. Published *just* for you, my dear music therapy colleague!
Here are the essentials of the course:
- Learn how to successfully develop and implement a music & wellness program for staff, older adults, your community, corporations, caregivers, families, children, and more.
- Learn 4 elements of music that correspond to 4 elements of wellness.
- Integrate the evidence-based Music Medicine principles of wellness into YOUR life.
- Move the research out of your brain and onto the tip of your tongue.
- Get inspired by easy, actionable steps to pioneer music & wellness with your clients in your community!
Your Special CMTE Offer Until Friday
Christine and I are collaborating in offering 2 live phone calls, creating a 5-hour CMTE, instead of 3. You must sign up by this Friday at midnight (January 18) so that we can schedule the calls. We always poll the participants for the best meeting times, so that everyone is honored.
Scroll up the page to purchase the course.
Your offer is 5 CMTEs for the price of 3 plus a LIVE phone conversation with Christine, only available until Friday night at midnight. Join us! Questions? Email us. Our email response is lightning fast.
Be well, feel good, and keep rockin’ music therapy,
Kat Fulton, Curator
P.S. Since participants have signed up since last week, we’ve already received feedback:
“[The course is] great so far….the music had me up and dancing in my living room. Yeah :)” ~Beverlee Nelson, MT-BC in La Grange, Illinois
“Would I recommend it to others? Of course, because it was amazing! It covered so much, and she backed it up with great research information. I plan on transferring this work to students with special needs and their typical peers….teachers…their parents….and maybe even their dr./professionals.
Christine is so warm, honest, brilliant, and full of life. It was great to be in her presence, even from the distance of a screen. The videos were so good that I felt like I was outside instead of in my office. So….that being said, I hope there are more courses to come, this idea of on-line learning is so helpful and a true value to those of us who learn from home.”
~Cari Miller, MT-BC in Webster, NY
Friday is your deadline! Scroll up to sign up for the course.
P.P.S. This month is Music Therapy Advocacy Month. Read about it here. Watch an amazing video by Jamie George’s team here. Listen to Janice Lindstrom’s special MT Show episode here. Read the Ben Folds MT Advocacy twitter feed here. So proud of our awesome advocating instructors!