We want to hear from you!
Do you have a question about Music Therapy Ed or our online CMTE course listings? Are you a subject expert who’s interested in creating an approved course for our website? Or are you looking for a way to stay in touch with us? We’re here for you!
Stay In Touch And Receive Our Support
If you took one of our online CMTE courses and LOVED it, please let us know! Keep us posted on your professional journey and growth. We’d love to hear from you. We want to hear everything.
On behalf of the instructors, curator, Course Approval Board, and entire team at Music Therapy Ed, we genuinely care about your professional successes and challenges. Let us know how we can be of service to you. We’re creative thinkers, and we’re on YOUR side!
Over 3,000 music therapists have voluntarily opted-in for the Shout-Out newsletter, dedicated to new course releases, special offers, music therapy news, and tips on advancing in your career. The Shout-Out newsletter is a valuable FREE resource open to the public. Enter your name and email below . . . You’ll hear right back from us!
We’d love to connect with you:
We also have a toll-free number! You can call any time day or night:
If you have questions about our online music therapy courses or our site, then please send us an email at Info@MusicTherapyEd.com. You may send us snail mail at PO Box 2311, Del Mar, CA 92014.
MusicTherapyEd.com is a project under Sound Health Music LLC, CBMT Approved Provider #P-110. Please visit CBMT for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What does a video course look like? All of our courses listed in the Online CMTE Course Library are available and accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. You can access our courses from anywhere in the world, as long as you have an internet connection.
You can see a video below that goes through the easy process of signing up. After processing payment, you are taken to a entrance page that shows all the courses. Simply click on the course you purchased, and you’re in!
Each course is accompanied by downloadable handouts that you can print, take notes on, and keep in an organized binder for later reference.
Watch this video to see the inside of a CMTE video course . . .
2. What is my investment for continuing education at MusicTherapyEd.com? Our single courses run between $85 and $275, depending upon the length of the course. All of our single courses include 2-months access, printable handouts, audio files, interactive experiences with instructors, and the CMTE certificate.
Some courses include a live element such as phone conferences, live chats, and webinars. These special live elements are announced only through the Shout-Out Newsletter. Enter your name and email below in order to stay in-the-know on new CMTE course releases, special offers, music therapy news, and tips on advancing in your career:
3. Do I have to be a music therapist to take the courses here? No. In fact, medical doctors, nurses, physical/speech/occupational therapists, social workers, teachers, psychologists, and more can benefit from our courses. The courses are open to the public.
However, taking a course does not fulfill the requirements for becoming a music therapist or practicing music therapy. In the US, the Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT) regulates our board certification. Contact CBMT for more information on becoming a music therapist.
4. Will the instructor’s face be shown in the video course itself? For some, yes, and for some no. If the course introduction video has no face, then there definitely will not be a face in the course. However, for some courses, the instructor’s entire home studio setup is shown. The instructors decide what format is best for the course content.
5. What if I want to pay by check? No problem! Simply make out your check to “Sound Health Music” for the correct amount. Then send it in to PO Box 2311, Del Mar, CA 92014. We will process your check and give you access to the course upon receipt. Also, shoot over an email to Info@MusicTherapyEd.com to let us know it’s coming.
6. When do I get my CMTE certificate? You must fill out the final evaluation located at the end of each course prior to your access expiration date. We distribute CMTE Certificates at the end of every month. *Emergency CMTE Certificates are available upon request.
7. How can I request a specific course topic? There are two ways to request specific course topics for new releases. You can visit MusicTherapyEd.com/Thanks and throw down a Facebook comment, OR you can shoot over an email to Info@MusicTherapyEd.com. We are all ears!
8. I lost my login information. How can I retrieve that? Simply visit the MusicTherapyEd.com, and click on “Login” in the top right hand corner of the website. A window will pop-up, asking for your username/password. This pop-up also includes a “Lost Your Password?” link. Follow the instructions to reset from there.
9. What is your cancellation and refund policy? We have a No Risk Guarantee on all single course purchases. If you are dissatisfied with a single course purchase for any reason up to 14 days after purchase, please contact the Curator. Refund requests must be accompanied by a thorough explanation and completed course homework. Refunds are granted or denied on a case-by-case basis. No refunds are given after 14 days of purchase date. **All monthly subscription payments are FINAL SALE ONLY. No refunds are available for monthly subscription payments.
10. What is the quality of audio and video in the courses? The audio/video quality of the course materials are exactly as they are demonstrated on the courses page. Watch the introductory video of your preferred course prior to purchasing.
11. May I share my username and password with others? No. If you need multiple-user access for your organization or institution, please email us at Info@MusicTherapyEd.com for rates. We have a very smart and savvy monitoring system, and we’d rather not waste our time enforcing. Best to contact us, and we’ll help you out!
12. I signed up for the VIP Subscription. For the VIP Subscription, do you automatically stop charging me after the minimum requirement is met? No, we do not. We fundamentally believe that you will continue to be thrilled with all the courses in the library, including new releases. We go out of our way to ensure that courses are top-notch, and exactly what serves YOU and your clients in the most helpful way. Plus, discontinuing your subscription will not guarantee your lowest rate when subscribing again. But we understand that you may need to discontinue for one reason or another. In that case, you need to send us an email to discontinue your subscription: Info@MusicTherapyEd.com.
13. When I was trying to organize my CMTE credits, I wasn’t sure what “credit type” your courses are considered. Every Music Therapy Ed course is an approved Standardized Self-Study Course through the Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT). We are Approved Provider #P-110.
For each 5-year recertification cycle, you are required to have completed 100 CMTE credits. As outlined by the CBMT Recertification Manual, the Board Certified Music Therapist may earn up to 100 CMTE credits (meaning all of your required credits!) per cycle through participating in Standardized Self-Study courses.
Guess what… You can get your ENTIRE MT-BC recertification HERE!
14. I have questions not listed here. How can I contact you? Simply send an email with your questions over to Info@MusicTherapyEd.com, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Learn more about our mission and our dedication to the music therapy profession here.