with a special focus on Telehealth & Outdoor Services
with Tara Jenkins, MT-BC
3 Approved CMTEs
Access this course along with 100+ CMTEs and more!
Cancel anytime. No obligation.
- Learn the terminology on diagnoses & symptoms for dementia, so that you feel empowered discussing treatment with coworkers and admins. This will strengthen & align your documentation to facility and state requirements.
- Dive in to all facets of telehealth & outdoor services, as they pertain to dementia care. Instead of reinventing the wheel, learn the challenges and benefits from a seasoned expert.
- Journey through the world of dementia with an expert who has 13 years experience and extensive training in dementia care.
- Explore the essentials of MT & dementia, whether you are a beginner or seasoned professional – This is the training for you!
Do you have questions? Special requests? Group access? Student discount? We will work with you!
Send an email to Paige at Info@MusicTherapyEd.com with your specific request, and we will respond with a custom solution just for you. (Paige is a music therapist too! She can help.)
This course comes with a VIP Membership!
- Access to 100+ CMTEs at your fingertips
- Monthly Jam Alongs to improve your repertoire (with lead sheets & tutorials!)
- 5 unlocks per month inside our renowned intervention idea database - Search 100+ interventions for ideas based on your setting & your clients' goals
- Personalized support from Kat, our team, & our community - sign up includes a chat with Kat right away
Cancel any time. No obligations.
About the Presenter
Tara Jenkins, MT-BC specializes in providing group and individual music therapy services for older adults and their caregivers. She is currently the Senior Staff Music Therapist at North Austin Music Therapy. She has spent the last 13 years working in the dementia field and during that time has held several different roles expanding her experience and receiving extensive training in Alzheimer’s and dementia care. Tara is extremely passionate about providing quality services for those living with dementia and feels strongly about creating meaningful connections, no matter who she is working with. She frequently presents on the topic of music therapy and dementia for caregivers and professionals and in 2017 she co-authored the book “Music, Memory, and Meaning.”
“Tara has successfully distilled over a decade’s worth of experience using music with those with dementia and their caregivers into a thorough but easy to follow course. Her approachable style and clinical expertise make her universally loved by her clients, in addition to being recognized for her work within the field of music therapy. She truly is an expert on the use of music therapy with those living with dementia and this course is perfect for beginners and seasoned professionals.”
“Tara’s time with the residents of our community is simply incredible. She enters a room, armed only with a music stand, her guitar and her voice, and the room COMES ALIVE. Anyone in our profession knows how challenging it can be to reach residents of a nursing home, in late stages of varying dementia’s, but Tara does just that, REACHES them. Seeing the response she gets puts a smile in my heart every time.”
CBMT Relationship: Music Therapy & Dementia Essentials – Special Focus: Telehealth & Outdoor Services with Tara Jenkins, MT-BC is approved by the Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT) for 3 Continuing Music Therapy Education credits. Music Therapy Ed, Approved Provider #P-110, maintains responsibility for program quality and adherence to CBMT policies and criteria. Please view the required CBMT information.