Online Tools for Drumming & Voice
Group Drumming, Vocal Improvisation, & Telemedicine
with Christine Stevens, MSW, MA MT-BC & Kate Richards Geller, MA, MT-BC, LCAT
4 Approved CMTEs
Access this course along with 100+ CMTEs and more!
Cancel anytime. No obligation.
Join author, drum circle trainer, and music therapist Christine Stevens of UpBeat Drum Circles and vocal improviser and music wellness director Kate Richards Geller of Sing for Yourself, in this interactive, engaging program packed with tips and tools to working online during COVID-19 and beyond. Learn to lead ten music therapy activities using Zoom tools for transformation, healing, and building lung capacity.
- Walk away with 10 music therapy experiences to normalize the digital space, and help your clients feel seen, acknowledged, and honored to work with you
- Learn how to BEST utilize zoom & retool your current MT experiences to fit the digital space -eliciting meaningful interaction from your clients, using less energy from you
- Understand fundamental uses of drums & vocal improv in the digital space, in order to foster a safe container for self-expression & creativity for your clients.
- Deeply explore the full range of what music has to offer through song form, chord progressions, musical cues, and more!
Do you have questions? Special requests? Group access? Student discount? We will work with you!
Send an email to Paige at Info@MusicTherapyEd.com with your specific request, and we will respond with a custom solution just for you. (Paige is a music therapist too! She can help.)
This course comes with a VIP Membership!
- Access to 100+ CMTEs at your fingertips
- Monthly Jam Alongs to improve your repertoire (with lead sheets & tutorials!)
- 5 unlocks per month inside our renowned intervention idea database - Search 100+ interventions for ideas based on your setting & your clients' goals
- Personalized support from Kat, our team, & our community - sign up includes a chat with Kat right away
Cancel any time. No obligations.
Christine is dynamic, inspirational, encouraging, and compassionate; all brilliantly expressed in the art of drumming. Christine’s method of communicating is concise, practical and accessible for any level. Her books are required materials for my college students.
The best [CMTE] workshop I’ve ever experienced.
About the Instructors
Christine Stevens, MSW, MA, MT-BC is author of Music Medicine, The Healing Drum Kit and The Art and Heart of Drum Circles. The founder of UpBeat Drum Circles, she has appeared on NBC, PBS, KTLA, Discovery Health, Living Better TV, and is a faculty for The Shift Network. She has trained facilitators from more than twenty-five countries including Iraq, China, Hong Kong, Japan, and Europe. Christine has worked with Fortune 500 companies, survivors of Katrina, students at Ground Zero and most recently, led the first drum circle training in a war-zone in northern Iraq. She is the host of Global Rhythm Sangha Online, and teaches a variety of online training programs, including Awaken Your Rhythm which has served hundreds of people from over 35 countries.
Kate Richards Geller, MA, MT-BC, LCAT, singer-songwriter & vocal improviser, holds an MA in Music Therapy from NYU, an LCAT in NY State, and CBMT since 1997. She has worked in medical settings (pediatrics and Child Life), schools (therapeutic preschools), and community centers providing clinical services to individuals and groups of all ages with the goal of improving the Quality of Life through live, interactive music making. Her program, Sing for Yourself, demonstrates how a regular singing practice can create meaningful and lasting change in individuals and communities.
I was a first-timer at last week’s circle singing. I thoroughly (literally–mind, body, spirit/emotionally, physically) enjoyed the experience. You know you’ve engaged in a meaningful event when that’s all you can think of upon waking the next day and all throughout the week. (I was) in awe at how all-encompassing the process is. Peace inducing and exhilarating all at one time. I look forward to the next time …. I simply loved being part of the sharing of voices and spirits. Thank you for making circle singing accessible to all. It’s a beautiful thing.
CBMT Relationship: Using Online Tools for Drum Circle Facilitation, Vocal Improv, & Telemedicine with Christine Stevens, MSW, MA MT-BC & Kate Richards Geller, MA, MT-BC, LCAT is approved by the Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT) for 4 Continuing Music Therapy Education credits. MusicTherapyEd.Com, Approved Provider #P-110, maintains responsibility for program quality and adherence to CBMT policies and criteria.