If documentation takes 5 times as long as client service time, then let’s evaluate your systems! Recently, we encountered a clinician who was required to submit a paragraph for each of her 40 clients in 2 days.
If you have long narratives for documentation, then answer these questions: (1) Are these required by your facility or self-imposed? If it’s the latter, then use checklists instead. If it’s the former, then consider these solutions:
Solution #1: Keep a template and only change 2 sections of the template for each new note.
Solution #2: Copy and paste each clients’ paragraph from the previous note, and make 1-2 appropriate changes only.
Allison Hingley, MM, MT-BC, walks us through some problem solving below. Be proactive, and take action on this! After all, one of the best ways to curb burnout is to make your life easier. Hit play below –
Documentation Made Easy CMTE Course
If you’d like to REALLY dig in to documentation systems, then check out Allison Hingley’s Documentation Made Easy CMTE course. By taking the course, you will:
- Get the recognition and acknowledgement you deserve from administrators by knowing how to submit meaningful, attention-grabbing reports.
- Feel valued and impactful in your data collection processes and report submissions
- Learn how to manipulate and create fillable, HIPAA-compliant Word Documents and Spreadsheets.
- Understand how to use Google docs in a HIPAA-compliant and highly efficient manner.
- Deeply explore differences among group and individual intake forms, assessments, care plans, and session plans… each for pre-, during-, and post-treatment stages.