A jungle song to get your clients movin and groovin while also singing along with a variety of animals!
- Introduce the descending baseline
- Same as Hit the Road Jack
- Make sure to pass out any props you want to utilize such as animal puppets, instruments for sound effects, etc.
- Printable animal cards are included in the downloads as well
- Props can be utilized by yourself, clients or even caregivers/parents
- Add the lyrics of the song, after you sing through it once or twice, you may want to prompt the clients to sing along with you
- If needed, sing the same animal a few times until clients catch on to the lyrics
- Have the clients tell you what movement goes with each animal and then perform that movement for the verse
- You can also add in animal sound effects as well
- Utilize the song to include prompts for redirecting (in case your clients get too excited or there is too much movement around the room for example)
- As seen in the video: Play the descending baseline and call “STOP” while stopping the guitar, ask everyone to return to a seated circle or get their attention by having them suggest another animal.
- Add any other animals you want, inviting clients to give suggestions if appropriate, and sing as many verses as you’d like.