Tracy Richardson, PhD, MT-BC
Tracy Richardson, PhD, MT-BC, serves as Professor of Music Therapy and the Dean of Graduate Therapy and Counseling Programs at St. Mary of the Woods College. She is a trail-blazer and multi-passionate creative colleague who has accomplished the following:
- Published a dissertation focused on the impact of a training for music therapists to become better at clinical songwriting.
- Worked with a team of professionals to create the M.A. in Music Therapy in a hybrid distance learning format in 1998 – the first of its kind in our field. The design enabled Music Therapists to seek graduate education without changing jobs or relocating.
- Developed the unique Music Therapy Equivalency Distance (MTED) program in 2011, for those with music degrees who want to pursue music therapy education and clinical training. This program is also in the hybrid distance learning format and allows students from across the nation to work toward the goal of becoming a music therapist.
- Provides Creative Team Building experiences to companies desiring to improve employee engagement, collaboration, and creative thinking. This includes giving presentations and workshops on Expressive Songwriting and topics related to music, music therapy, wellness, and women’s issues.
- Performed in arenas that hold 10,000 and in coffee houses that hold 50.
- Authored a book for aspiring Superwomen entitled “Who Moved My Cape?! Letting Go of Your Superwoman Expectations.”
We are thrilled to have a colleague of such high caliber join our team of instructors at Music Therapy Ed.