Are you in need of some fresh intervention ideas for your senior clients? Just open up the music bag you carry around every day! Spanish bullfight music with tambourines? A chorus of rockin’ robins on slide whistle? Yodeling kazoos? Just the beginning of the joy you create when you get your seniors’ hands on some quality instruments.
Call on your musical sidekicks (your instruments!) and you’ll discover new ways to get your clients grooving. Watch Meredith Hamons, MT-BC describe three quick instrument interventions she loves by hitting play below:
If you’d like to REALLY dig in to building a rockstar program for your seniors, then check out Meredith Hamons’ Zero to Full Time: Older Adults CMTE course. By taking the course, you will:
- Have access to a phone script and business development materials, which will give you the confidence to turn your plans into your first call.
- Be able to turn misunderstandings into opportunities the next time your role as a music therapist comes in question.
- Feel more empowered and confident than ever, advocating for your clients and sustaining your program long-term.
- Walk step-by-step through one simple, manageable business launching checklist that anyone can do, so that all intimidation of running a business is completely dissolved.
- Create a music-filled, engaging older adult program… and make it your dream job!
If you provide music therapy to older adults, then our course is a perfect fit!