If you’re like me, then you’re always looking for new and innovative ways to work with clients. Luckily, there is a ton of support from the Music Therapy Ed community! We’re going to show you a very cool app today —
This week, our 3rd birthday celebration continues with our amazing instructor, Bonnie Hayhurst, MT-BC. Bonnie created this short video demonstration of an app to facilitate choice-making AND to help meet specific targeted goals for your clients. It’s called DecideNow!
Check out this brief video where she shares how she is using it in her practice:
It’s available in the app store for Free (lite version): https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/decide-now!-lite/id418599693
Or you can purchase the full version for $.99: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/decide-now!/id383718755
It’s super simple to use –
- Create a wheel of choices – Bonnie created a wheel of instrument choices that my clients can select to play.
- The app is accessible for a variety of clients – they can swipe or tap the green button to make their choice.
- To facilitate choices with your clients, peek in the lower right corner to create your boards.
- The options are endless as far as the types of choice wheels you create. When labeling your choice wheel it’s best to start with a question.
Some examples might be:
- What instrument should I choose?
- What song should we sing today?
- How should I move?
What a great app to add to your Music Therapy “tool box”! Thank you Bonnie for creating such an easy demo for us to follow.
Now, we’d love to hear from YOU! What are your favorite apps to use with your clients these days?
Be well, feel good, and make MUSIC! =) Kat
Kat Fulton, MM, MT-BC
Founder – MusicTherapyEd.com
P.S. If you’d like to learn about 145 more apps, categorized by GOAL area with accompanying video demonstrations, then check out Bonnie’s course here: