Join featured music therapists Beth Robinson, Amy Donnenwerth, and Spencer Hardy as we discuss the current climate of LGBTQ issues, and what you can do to best support your clients from the LGBTQ community.
In this Mindstorm Monthly the panelists from Team Rainbow share:
- 5:00: history of Team Rainbow
- 11:00: challenges faced by the LGBTQ community
- 20:00: best practices for working with members with the LGBTQ community
- 28:00: how to be aware of and respect a person’s background from the LGBTQ community
- 33:00: how music therapists can become more LGBTQ inclusive in their practice
- 40:00: how to respond to anti LGBTQ behavior
- 47:00: clinical examples of working with people from the LGBTQ community
Helpful comments + resources discussed during the webinar:
- Link to the article in Music Therapy Perspectives: http://mtp.oxfordjournals.org/content/30/2/158.abstract?sid=71f7390b-6452-4724-9216-4528701d5174
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/470072086356137/
Here’s what our live viewers are taking away from this webinar:
Knowing that the rainbow team exists and the written resources is what I have taken from this
This has been very helpful – thank you! I am definitely limited in experience with this area, but you have given me many resources and encouragement to learn more about the LGTBQ community!
I think this was awesome!!! Thank you for the resources!!
My take away is to begin to notice and avoid bias that may come into my questions with my patients an clients. Thank you team Rainbow!
My take away is to be aware of using inclusive language and not make assumptions.
Are you having technical difficulties (downloading files, accessing materials, playing videos, etc.)? Please send an email to Info@MusicTherapyEd.com, and we’ll help you right away.