We cordially invite YOU to celebrate Autism Acceptance Month in April with the expertise of CJ Shiloh, MT-BC, and Kerry Devlin, MT-BC! We’ll be discussing the most current and important topics in the Autism Community, including their take-aways from April’s Rethinking Autism Conference and strategies for YOU to implement with your clients to fully presume competence. You won’t want to miss this exclusive and informative interview.
In this Mindstorm Monthly CJ & Kerry share:
- 0:00 – Introductions
- 6:19 – Overview of Autism Acceptance, presuming competence, etc.
- 11:08 – What is Autism Acceptance?
- 18:27 – What does it mean to presume or assume competence?
- 26:34 – Sensory motor differences
- 28:26 – Movement perspective
- 35:05 – Motor differences
- 41:00 – RPM and supported typing
- 50:39 – Neurologic Music Therapy
Helpful comments + resources discussed during the webinar:
- #WalkInRed #ToneItDownTaupe #AcceptAllOfUs
- “NeuroTribes” by Steve Silberman
- Highlight ST users W&J trailer
- Funded by ASA and Hussman Foundation https://www.wretchesandjabberers.org/
- Highlight RPM users RPM overview w Soma interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c05Qq5WQew
- Shoutout to Emma https://emmashopebook.com/2012/10/10/tackling-that-troublesome-issue-of-aba-and-ethics/
- CJ’s: CJShilohMTBC@gmail.com
- Kerry’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here’s what our live viewers are taking away from this webinar:
The movement approach to autism
The practical applications and incorporating the dry erase board
Mariagracia Rivas Berger
Also- loved the drawing explaining the loop. Puts it in a new perspective
Are you having technical difficulties (downloading files, accessing materials, playing videos, etc.)? Please send an email to Info@MusicTherapyEd.com, and we’ll help you right away.