If you’ve ever wondered how to incorporate imagery into your music therapy sessions, you WON’T want to miss Ellen Whealton, MA, MT-BC on this extra special Mindstorm Monday. She’ll be leading us through an incredible toning experience, and sharing how YOU can use this experience with not only your clients, but for your own self-care. Spend a little time on YOU!
In this Mindstorm Monthly Ellen shares:
- 0:00 – Introductions
- 3:00 – Experience with Toning & Guided Imagery poll
- 6:00 – What is toning?
- 8:00 – Intentions
- 13:00 – Guided self-care exercise
- 30:00 – Q&A
- 42:00 – Uses of toning
- 54:00 – Relaxation script
Helpful comments + resources discussed during the webinar:
- Toning vowel sounds visual created by Ellen.
- Crystal Bowls from www.silverskyimports.com – Discount code musictherapists gets your 15% off!
- “The Healing Power of Sound” by Dr. Mitchell Gaynor
- “Nilani” by Dr. Mitchell Gaynor
- “The Yoga of Sound” by Russell Hall
Here’s what our live viewers are taking away from this webinar:
This has helped relieve me of some of the fear of implementing this technique with more clients-thank you!
Thank you for the many resources and ideas on how to implement your ideas in a several different settings.
Great way to start the week- thanks!
Thank you for the webinar. This was an interesting review of toning,
Seeing Kaleigh’s face! And reinforcing the work I’ve been doing. Feeling connect to the music therapy community
Loved this toning exercise! Learned a lot! Thank you!
This was great! Loved learning more about toning. It was helpful to have both the experience and Ellen’s great knowledge. Hoping to use this with some older adult groups!
Are you having technical difficulties (downloading files, accessing materials, playing videos, etc.)? Please send an email to Info@MusicTherapyEd.com, and we’ll help you right away.