Hello fellow music therapist!
I hope you’re enjoying your summer! We’ve got some gems packed into today’s letter. This week, we’ve got great news about the Reimbursement course. Read on~
Music Therapy Career Advice
Feel confident that your internship experience will generalize to other populations; it really opens up employment opportunities if you are willing to try something new. ~Rose Fienman, MT-BC
This Week’s Shout-Out
Jamie George, MM, MT-BC bills insurance for 80% of her clients. The remaining 20% are private pay clients.
When I found this out, I said “Ok, but what’s your success rate in getting reimbursement?” She replied “Well, I wouldn’t be billing them if I didn’t get paid!”
Then I understood . . . Her success rate is 100% because she knows ahead of time whether the insurance company will cover the service. How does she know? Because she has spent hours and hours doing all the hard work, research, and trial/error that saves YOU the time and hassle.
Jamie packaged her very own 10-Step Guide for Obtaining Reimbursement (available with the course) to help you organize the process of reimbursement.
She says that every music therapist in every state needs to file for reimbursement. It strengthens our field, increases visibility, AND helps us reach out to those who need us the most.
Reimbursement Course Special Offer
Your Special Bonus: Jamie is offering two free Rapid Fire Q&A group phone calls to music therapists who sign up for her course by midnight this Friday, July 27th. That means we are offering a special FIVE credit hours for this course, instead of the regular three. Same price, more CMTEs.
These calls are very rare as Jamie is extremely busy – with several employees, interns, new programs, new websites, and new projects always happening in her world. These 2 extra calls are all she can spare in her busy schedule.
Your Deadline: If you purchase her course by midnight Friday, July 27th, then you will get the opportunity to ask her anything by phone. We’re offering you lots of hand-holding because we understand how complicated and scary reimbursement can be.
We really want to put ourselves in a place of service to the profession and service to YOU. Whether you are just considering reimbursement or learning how to maneuver through the process, this course is a must.
The more music therapists file for reimbursement, the stronger our field. But more importantly, the more music therapists file, the more clients will be served.
Your Next Action: Visit this link to sign up for the course now: https://musictherapyed.com/courses/#GEORGE
Got questions? Send them to info@MusicTherapyEd.com, and we’ll write back immediately.
Kat Fulton, Curator
PS Here’s what Natalie Mullis, MT-BC says about Jamie’s expertise:
“I never thought that I would find myself dealing with insurance companies. I was determined to be private pay only until I had to turn away potential clients that I really wanted to work with.
“I’ve sat through seminars on insurance reimbursement before, but nothing ever clicked until I followed Jamie’s instructions. She breaks everything down into simple steps to make insurance billing understandable and manageable.
“I was elated when I sent out my first claim and now I’m just waiting for the approval and the check to come with it! I am beyond thrilled to be able to finally offer my services to a wider range of clients.” ~Natalie Mullis, MT-BC
Would you like to receive more special offers, money-savers, and career advice by email? Enter your name and email below to get the Shout-Out newsletter every Tuesday: