Each January is social media advocacy month for music therapy (#mtadvocacy), and our company serves as a CONNECTOR! We love to connect you with experts on specific topics in the realm of music & healthcare. We love to connect you with the media. We love to connect the general public to YOU. We love to connect people in need to those who have expertise on music & health. We love to connect leaders in healthcare (YOU) with those who need you the most.
I feel like the connector characteristic is a type of leadership, and I’m really honored to help make the magic happen within and outside our field. Another piece to the puzzle of advocacy for me is BOLDNESS. Not in a smug or entitled way, but in a contributing and generous way. Many of the connections I’ve made (personally and career-wise) have been a result of a bold phone call, wherein I’ve generously offered help or value to the other party. Those two together – CONNECTION & BOLDNESS – are my favorite combination in advocacy. =)
In the spirit of advocacy, connection, and boldness, let’s take the momentum of the Top 5 in 2015!
Here are the Top 5 for the field of music therapy in 2015:
- Music therapists were named Persons of the Week by ABC!
- Oregon passed legislation that creates a music therapy licensure!
- Music therapy made CNN and Forbes! and PBS and Epoch Times and People!
- The Ukulele Kids Club keeps rockin’ – 1,000 ukes donated to music therapy programs around the country in 2015 alone!
- Music therapy celebrated SIXTY-FIVE years as an allied healthcare profession! Wow!
Here are the Top 5 for Music Therapy Ed in 2015:
- We gave away more than 30 prizes to celebrate our 3rd birthday! Check out a few here.
- Our members shared their best moments in our community! Our members come from more than 10 countries, including the UK, Singapore, Greece, Belgium, Australia, Thailand, Japan, China, Canada, and more!
- We broke 4,000 Facebook fans!
- Our private practice opened up a new San Diego music therapy clinic!
- We broadcasted 20 Mindstorm Monthlys in 2015, our free webinars that you can use for CMTE credits!
Now it’s your turn! What were your Top 5 in 2015? This is your chance to pat yourself on the back, celebrate, and shine! We’d love to brag on you in the comments 😉 Kat