When it comes to HIPAA compliance, be careful about storage services like Google Drive and Dropbox. There are extra steps you should take to ensure privacy and confidentiality.
HIPAA is one of those areas that may seem vague or mysterious. It doesn’t have to be! And vigilance does not have to be stressful. There are resources available to help keep you clean, clear, and compliant when it comes to HIPAA. In fact, here’s a second helpful resource from the AMTA.
Watch the video to understand how HIPAA works with cloud storage. Allison Hingley, MM, MT-BC shines a bright light on HIPAA compliance options for documentation! As always, when in doubt, consult your attorney.
Documentation Made Easy CMTE Course
If you’d like to REALLY dig in to documentation systems, then check out Allison Hingley’s Documentation Made Easy CMTE course. By taking the course, you will:
- Get the recognition and acknowledgement you deserve from administrators by knowing how to submit meaningful, attention-grabbing reports.
- Feel valued and impactful in your data collection processes and report submissions
- Learn how to manipulate and create fillable, HIPAA-compliant Word Documents and Spreadsheets.
- Understand how to use Google docs in a HIPAA-compliant and highly efficient manner.
- Deeply explore differences among group and individual intake forms, assessments, care plans, and session plans… each for pre-, during-, and post-treatment stages.