What we know from the research is that rhythm primes the motor system. Think about all the different domains of applications of drumming in your work. Remember that even the person who refuses to play? Look down! Maybe their toe is tapping. Christine Stevens, MSW, MT-BC, explains below why drumming works for resistive clients. Watch the video below for more —
Ready for more? Take Christine’s course!
If you’d like to REALLY dig in to drum circle facilitation, then take Christine Stevens’ Drum Circle Facilitation CMTE course. By taking the course, you will:
- Watch 10 segments to power up your skills and help you feel confident in a group.
- Learn how to start a drum circle from scratch, with strangers, so that by the end of your group, everyone will feel like family.
- Understand the best setup and preparation system for the circle so that you can communicate to your host and helpers in a clear and empowering way.
- Look like a PRO with the way you use cues and create a natural flow with your groups.
- Last but not least, you will view video coverage of drum circle facilitation all over the world, working with people with special needs, corporation, and the general public.
See you in the course!